Home » Uncategorized
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Lesson focus: Forehand Overhead Clear (Badminton Technique)
- Pupils will be able to return the shot using the forehand overhead clear with good trajectory of the shuttlecock to get the shuttlecock to the rear of the court.
Teaching Strategy: Differentiated Instruction (by readiness) (more…)
#Open Classroom 12: Rhetorical Questioning and Characterization Through Speech in a Higher Chinese Classroom
Topic: Characterization through speech & Rhetorical questioning
Textbook: Secondary 2 Higher Chinese text: “Kite” by Lu Xun 鲁迅《风筝》
- Students can design appropriate dialogues using rhetorical questioning and speech characterization according to context provided by the text.
- Students can enact the dialogue to stipulate an authentic environment.
This lesson focuses on the application of language skills. Students will work in groups to design an appropriate dialogue according to context by using the language skills of rhetorical questioning and characterization through speech. Using differentiated instructions, students will be encouraged to use creative thinking in enacting the dialogue to stipulate an authentic environment, and in doing so test its validity according to the appropriateness of language skills and context. The teacher will summarise the lesson by helping students achieve enduring understanding of character descriptions. (more…)
The idea of problem posing in Mathematics is not new.
Past studies on Mathematics problem posing has shown that problem posing strategy could be perceived in various ways. It could be (1) a means to improve students’ problem solving; (2) a feature of creative activity; (3) as a window into students’ Mathematical understanding; (4) a means of improving students’ disposition towards Mathematics; (5) a means to increase students’ confidence in raising questions (Silver, 1994).
If teachers could vary and pose problems more creatively, by modelling these thinking processes to students and introducing the process of problem posing and problem variation to the students, we made our questioning and thinking explicit. We also model how we reformulate complex problems explicitly by variation to simplify the problem or break it down into smaller parts and vice versa, such that we are able to develop the novice or developing problem poser into an expert problem poser. (more…)
Topic/ Unit: Secondary Two Pythagoras Theorem
Textbook: Shing Lee – New Syllabus Mathematics 2 Textbook eBook
Lesson Objectives: Students will be able to:
- Identify a right-angled triangle and its hypotenuse.
- Define Pythagoras’ theorem.
- Investigate and verify the Pythagoras’ theorem.
- Apply Pythagoras’ theorem to solve problems. Find the unknown side of a right-angled triangle when other two sides are given.
- Solve real-life problems involving right-angled triangles using Pythagoras’ Theorem.
Teaching Strategies include:
- Differentiated instruction
- Inquiry-based learning